OZONE R1 V2 PERFORMANCE RACE KITE
The only thing that’s changed is everything
6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 18 / 19 / 21
- Pure Performance
- Race specific kite
- State of the art technology
- Advanced riders only
Race performance at itS best yet – the all-new R1 V2. Taking a completely new approach to high aspect foil kite design has once again raised the standard of performance and feeling.
If racing, performance and speed categorise your kiting desire, take a serious look at the R1 V2 – a brand new design that is destined to take any performance seeker or competitive kite-racer to new heights, on all surfaces and to the podium!
We have packed every ounce of new technology into this kite – without packing the weight on. The R1 V2 saves over 30% in weight compared to the V1! This translates to true performance increases – the kite inflates quicker, flies faster and is more reactive even in the lightest breeze. The kite is more stable at the edge of the wind window, and has much better drive downwind with a lighter feeling on the bar in general.
Incorporating our new high performance Ultra Light materials not only reduced weight, this also allowed our design team to completely re-work the internal structure and load distribution frame. Advanced internal layouts with new tension and sail shaping technology, combined with an all new bridle line plan reducing total line consumption sets a new norm in high performance foil kite design.
We teamed up with the world’s top kite-racers to maximise our Research & Development programme. Each size R1 V2 has been individually designed, tested and fine-tuned to inherit the unique Ozone feeling and performance across the range. Our new Pro-Tune Speed System offers minute adjustment to keep the kite performing at its best in the correct trim.
The R1 V2 is a true race pedigree kite that will inspire confidence while delivering superior racing performance on the water, land or snow.
Range of Use
WIND RANGE water / BAR SIZE / LINES
WIND RANGE land / BAR SIZE / LINES
Wind range is indicative only based on an average rider weight of 80kg. Actual range will vary based on rider skill level, type of board used and line length. The R1 V2 was designed and tested with lines ranging from 13m to 25m. Bar sizes and line lengths listed are our standard recommendation. We recommend advanced riders use shorter lines (13m to 21m) when racing.
- The R1 V2 is for advanced riders only who have previous foil kite experience. It is not difficult to fly but there are techniques required to fly a high aspect ratio foil kite.
- Our R&D team has longevity and performance tested the new light weight materials on the R1 V2 proving durability and dynamics. These materials have been extensively used on our Ultra Light Kites and Paragliders for the past four years. The kite must be carefully looked after, it needs an experienced rider who knows how to keep the kite up in the air and how to handle it gently on the ground.
- The kite is water re-launchable, but we recommend that you keep it flying and out of the water if possible! A drainage system on the wing tip allows any water that may have entered the kite to drain out. Do not use the kite in waves.
- Always use a Brake Handle when flying a foil kite. This is the handle/line spanned between the back leader lines on your control system. This easy to grab handle makes inflation, self-landing and reverse launch easier.
- This kite features a simple yet effective front line flag out release. After releasing the flag out you should check the speed system, bridle lines and your flying lines for twists before restart.
- The Speed System and Bridle lines will require maintenance just like any high performance equipment in racing sports – they must be checked after every 60 hours flying time, and maintained in the correct trim or the kite will not perform as designed. Bridle Lines that are worn or not to factory specification (+ or – 15mm) must be replaced. Speed System lines that are worn must be replaced. If the Speed System lines are not worn, but are not to factory specifications (+ or – 15mm) you must adjust back to factory spec. You must watch the How To video before adjusting or replacing Speed System lines.
The R1 V2 is available in a COMPLETE package, or you have the option to customise an order to suit your desire. Please speak to your dealer for more information.
- We have designed two all new storage bags – the Backpack and Kompressor bag. Watch the video on our website for more information explaining the differences and how to use each bag.
- Race Lines are available in a range of sizes from 13m-32m.
- The COMPLETE package includes: Kite, Backpack, Kompressor Bag, Foil Race V2 Control System with Race Lines, Ground Stake, Manual and Repair Kit.
KitesurfDubai.ae is the leading Ozone dealer based in Dubai and shipping worldwide.
Shop online for high performance and race foil kites, including Chrono and R1; trainer kites, including Octane, Quattro, Imp, DP and Ignition; as well as wide range of kites with inflatable leading edge, including C4, Catalyst, Reo, Zephyr, Enduro, Uno and Edge. Also available re-ride and race bars, line extensions and accessories.
Free shipping on all Ozone Kites in the UAE. Free worldwide shipping on most Ozone Kites and products. Reduced shipping rates for selected Ozone products to Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Lebanon, Egypt.